How would you like to win a custom designed Museum Storage Cabinet for your museum or institution?
The Collections and Exhibitions Collaborative just might make it happen. The CEC is sponsoring a photography contest with a Grand Prize of a custom designed Museum Storage Cabinet from Tiffin Metal Products. This is actually two contests because there is also a design contest to see who will paint the cabinet and win $1000.00. The design contest is limited to Ohio artists (so please pass this along to any you may know), but the photography contest is open to all.
The theme of the contest is “Discovering the New – Transforming the Old – Adapting the Present – Cultivating the Future,” and your photo must adhere to this theme.
- Photo must be taken between November 1, 2013 and April 1, 2014
- Registration for the contest must be completed no later than January 31, 2014 – Online submissions for contest only.
- Must sign photo release form to register. Download release at CECollaborative.org
- Pictures may be color or black and white. They can be scanned & manipulated
- Submissions must be in digital format – 5 megabyte or smaller – .jpeg format -3200 pixels wide or 3200 pixels tall – 300 DPI
- Photos must not constitute copyright infridgement or fraud.
- Final should be an 8×10 matted print.
- CEC reserves the right to be able to use the photo submitted for any marketing or promotional use.
Depending on the number of submissions, there may need to be a pre-qualification round of judging prior to the final judging. The final judging will take place at an evening event in Seattle on May 20th.
Please go to CECollaborative.org for further details.
We are very excited about this contest and it’s a great opportunity to win a great cabinet for your institution.